Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The following information will be needed for your submission.
(submitters will choose one)
- Scientific Abstracts;
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Regional Anesthesia
- Emerging Technology
- Case Series (5 or more patients; patient informed consent required for submission)
- Medically Challenging Cases: Report of up to 4 cases having a similar presentation; case series of 5 or more patients must be presented as a scientific abstract. Patient informed consent required for submission.
Abstract Title (limited to 130 characters including spaces in sentence format)
Submitting Author Details: The submitting author will receive all communications regarding the abstract and is responsible for informing the other authors, as necessary.
Co-Author(s) Details: Name, contact information, role (author, co-author, presenting author), and display/list order.
Abstract Body: Strictly limited to 1000 words over the following content areas:
- Material and Methods (including statement of IRB approval/waiver, IND approval, patient informed consent, etc.)
- Results / Case Report
- References (max. 5 references, not included in 1000 word count)
- Tables (not included in 1000 word count; maximum 3 tables of 10 rows x 10 columns)
- File type must be one of the following: .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png
- Images (not included in 1000 word count)
- Patient faces must be entirely covered
- Only figures in JPG format may be uploaded
- Maximum 2 images
- Maximum file size of each image is 500 KB
- Maximum pixel size is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel
- File type must be one of the following: .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png
- No promotional content of a commercial entity may be included (brand/trade/product names, photos, logos, company names, etc.).
- If necessary for clarity, a trade/product name may be included parenthetically once in the materials and methods section, but no more, and not in the abstract title. If more than one company makes the product, all applicable trade names are identified.
- Any off-label indications should be clearly marked as such.
Conflicts of Interest Disclosure:
All submissions require disclosure of financial or other relationships with a commercial interest producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by, or used on, patients. Disclosure must include the company name(s) and nature of relationship (honoraria/expenses, consulting/advisory board, funded research, royalties/patent, stock options, equity position/ownership, employee, other similar relations). Disclosure is required for the submitting author and their spouse/partner over the last 12 months.
Institutional Review Board (IRB) and/or Animal Use Committee Approval (select one)
- IRB and/or animal use committee approval was either obtained or waived for the study. IMPORTANT: abstracts must include this approval/waiver statement under methods and materials. (PLEASE NOTE: An investigator cannot him/herself determine if the IRB is needed or not. This can only be done by the IRB. However, if the IRB at your organization has a policy that as long as there is no identifiable patient information in the case report it is IRB exempt, this needs to be stated. For example: “As the case report is devoid of patient identifiable information, it is exempt from IRB review requirements as per (name of organization) policy.”)
- This is a medically challenging case and IRB approval is not mandatory, but I will adhere to the other submission guidelines below.
Patient Informed Consent and Protected Health Information (select all that apply)
- Patient informed consent was obtained for submission of a case report. IMPORTANT: abstracts must include this consent statement under methods and materials.
- All patient protected health information has been de-identified; patient faces are entirely covered.
- This is a scientific abstract with no patient protected health information.
Off-Label Drug Use (select all that apply)
- If my study involves off-label use of drugs placed near the neuraxis, I have obtained an FDA IND and/or I have followed the conditions set forth regarding such experimentation as described within the Information for Authors of ASRA’s journal Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine.
- If my study involves off-label use of drugs for peripheral nerve block, I have obtained IRB approval.
- All off-label indications have been clearly indicated as such in the abstract. IMPORTANT: abstracts without this text will be rejected.
- There are no off-label indications included.
Trade Names (select one)
- No promotional content of a commercial entity is included (brand/trade/product names, photos, logos, company names, etc.).
- If necessary for clarity, a trade/product name is included parenthetically once in the materials and methods section, but no more, and not in the abstract title. If more than one company makes the product, all applicable trade names are identified.
Copyrighted Material (select one)
- There are no copyrighted figures, images, or content in my abstract.
- If copyrighted figures, images or content are contained in my abstract, I have obtained the necessary permission from the copyright owner.
- I would like my abstract to be considered for oral presentation during the moderated poster sessions. (If not, will not be considered of Best of Meeting awards)
- I am a resident or fellow, ASRA member, and would like to be considered for a travel award. (ASRA membership is required for award eligibility. Join now.)
Agreement and Submission
- I reviewed this abstract and all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission; I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- I and all others listed as (co-)authors contributed substantively to the writing, review, and work described by this abstract, and further affirm that it was not prepared or written by anyone not listed as an author.
- I am the sole owner and/or have the rights of all the information and content. The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. I herewith grant ASRA a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the abstract content.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to print and/or electronic publication (e.g. meeting website, program, other promotions, etc.)
- The submitting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- It is the author's responsibility to maintain necessary documentation for all attestations (IRB approval/waiver, patient informed consent, copyright, etc.). ASRA is not liable for any issues arising from improper documentation.
- I understand that my abstract may be immediately rejected and/or removed from any publication if it does not thoroughly comply with all of the above requirements.